Waiting

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Shamrocks

http://www.alternet.org/story/21516/

the first thing I saw this morning:
where r the female blgr's?
________________________________
Status quo on jvb- I have not called in a few days.
DH and I have been out of commission with interloper virus.
and the Logitech cordless mouse we use failed.
a phone call produced a free replacement within a week.
wow. I was impressed.
__________________________________
this morning - Rocky was persistent for attention. It happens when DH is paying attention to the cat. Rocky will come to me and not leave, asking for petting and attention. I can not do another thing. He positions himself in a protective manner as if to say- "He is with that "thing" and if that "thing" escapes, I will be here to protect you" ...we need a photo here-
.....our kitchen and family room will be upside down for awhile- so I should really try to get this photo lesson in soon -before they are stashed away for a couple of months.
__________________
I have been called for jury duty... to appear March 29th, 8 30 am.
DH will drive me downtown- I don't know how I will get home- maybe Smw will rescue me. Pity pity pity- the lack of public transportation in this town.
It is unbelievable to the car companies & the city , that not everyone owns a vehicle and not everyone can drive the freeways and not everyone has a "driver". City residents - to get to a decent job- leave their homes at 5 am to ride a bus for an hour- out to the 'burbs- to make a little better than 7$/hour.
The example of all successful big cities in the world seems to have eluded this crowd- not to mention the pressure from the "big 3". god forbid we reduce the market in the area for SUV's and trucks. One thing we don't have to worry about around here- is a terrorist attack on our trains- there are none! The level of racism set in place 30+ years ago has worked to ensure suburbanites never need to risk putting foot on ground in the city. Parking lots- oh yes- plenty. Stadiums, oh yes. Easy on easy off freeways-
I am hoping to be able to serve one day for $25.00.
_________________________________________
The Church is closing 12 catholic schools in the city. Attendance is an all time low.
Many families outside of the city would have chosen to send their children to a Catholic high school- if only they could get there conveniently- the lack of buses or trains has cost this area in many ways. Well- who am I ? another voice in the wilderness.
______________________________________________
Yesterday was the RN' s Birthday - Happy Birthday dear R.
have to wait for a decent morning hour to call the west coast.
Next year- plan your Chicago visit with the Parade schedule. ox.
________________________________
no one I know actually has the free time for reading long blog
additions- so I appreciate it if you have made it this far ....
Happy St Pat's -
and tomorrow is the 17th anniversary of my mother's passing - and the 19th is
the Feast of St Joseph the Worker.
St Joseph is traditionally rendered carrying a bouquet of white day-lillies...
In Italian - American communities there are St Joseph 'tables' -
People host these and invite the public in gratitude for answered prayers.
Traditional southern Italian dishes are served- meatless.
Pasta with a squid sauce. Scrambled eggs with asparagus. Sphingi- a doughnut-like sweet covered in powdered sugar.
________________________If you are still with me- it only means one thing- you already know this..........

enjoy your day ~~






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home