Waiting

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

more...

http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=18604&area=geov

if this link doesn't work- try : www.workingforchange.com
read article by G Parish.


Today is my 21,204th day on this earth.
Wow it's good to be alive!
well, that's how I feel about it today.

On my way today for the every 6 month m'ogram-
isn't that appealing information!? well- it was supposed to be every 6 months- but I have been procrastinating for about 6 months- so ...there you go.

I had signed on as survey subject at the Univ of Mich....
but "non-compliant" has always been my middle name- so we'll see

re: My pal in hosp JVB. I called the number in his room- the nurse held the phone to his ear- I said 'let the nurse know somehow if you can hear me.'
the next thing I hear is "OWW- don't PINCH ME" from the nurse!!
so this is good news. Now I will see if someone in SF can take a cd player into the room
and get some of his fav music playing. with instructions to not let it get too boring.
It is what I would do if I were there. All I could hear were rasps of breathing and attempts to make sounds. Anyone who knew him- knows he could talk the leg off a dog- so this is an interesting turn around- of course we hope his faculties will return. The nurses are starting him on physical therapy.
I have no idea who is reading this blog- it would be nice to hear from you
.... weather here continues to be intolerable.
at least another week promised.
thanks JGW(Sr)for the inspiring note rcvd first thing this morning.
Enjoy your day........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home