Waiting

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

the Buddha / Karen Armstrong/personal notes

As much as I enjoy sharing exciting discoveries, I am becoming a bit possesssive about these two.
K. Armstrong was my best kept secret. Now she has written an article for, of all things, the AARP magazine: published for the fortunate over 50 crowd who feel they need to be rewarded with hotel & car rental discounts for having remained alive.

In the past year I have read every one of K. A.'s books. We were familiar with "a History of God" from a few years earlier and I wanted to devour all of her work, especially *Islam* . *The Spiral Staircase* is a good introduction to the others.
Buddhism is no secret- but the NYX Book Review announced a "second coming" this weekend to the great unwashed via *An End to Suffering* by Pankaj Mishra.
Next on my list, but pls don't read it. Applying any lessons
could be dangerous, or, these days, even construed as treason.

Personal to JGW: 3 Cheers ! Congratulations...Best Wishes
on the new job.
to SMW: I think we may have 2 or 3 regular readers. c`est le vie.

Enjoy your day....











1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I just wanted to let you and SMW know that I am a regular reader, though I find myself emailing instead of posting. But I love reading your thoughts and opinions on such varying topics. Sure beats my daily weather update on my blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home