Waiting

Saturday, August 06, 2005

August 6th

On Aug. 6, 1945.
an anniversary date....such a painful memory ....
I am so glad I wasn't born that year,
or born on this day. I do have friends who were born in 1945-
they are the oldest "boomers"....the word comes from the noted "baby boom" after WWII, when military came home and immediately conceived the whole bunch of us.
I guess one could also say we are a result of the 'boom' of the first atomic bomb.
Like the silent bomb that killed over 140 thousand innocents; well I guess most of them were 'non-combatants' women and children. Historically, in the West, wars were fought by military: assigned to slaughter the military of the enemy. There were "rules" about civilians. Soldiers were ordered to engage soldiers. I think this bomb dropping may have helped initiate the change in the rules: everyone/anyone is a target.
Even Al queda had confined themselves to embassies and military barracks for the first 10 years of the current era. As in that 'big' one, the old rules dropped away and now we have the slaughtering of innocent civilians with little home made non- atomic- just- as- lethal bombs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home